I love this vegetable, it is so versatile, user friendly and of course Green!
While we mostly eat them sautéed or fried, (Zucchini fritti are too good!) I actually love them raw, grated or spiralised.
My mother’s garden is always full of them, often in such abundance they turn in to enormous marrows! Rather more tasteless and much harder to cook to satisfaction.
So I am always on the hunt for new and exciting ideas and this is my latest invention…
- Quinoa cooked as per instructions. When cooking for 2 add a large teaspoon of Bouillon, or 1/2 stock cube. You can always add a little more to taste.
- Courgette or Marrow – Use a veggie peeler to thinly slice into long thin strips, sprinkle with Apple cider vinegar.
- Runner beans from the garden lightly steamed
- Hard sheep’s cheese cut in strips (My sister added feta when she had leftovers for lunch the following day.)
- Sprouted lentils
- Salt, pepper or Braggs amino acids (health food store) to taste.